Re: po statistics

søn. 19. nov. 2023 kl. 18:18 skrev Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>:
Hi,

[cut]

This is a page specific for translators, and the workflow in Debian is "translate from English to <your language>".

So, we should expect that every person viewing this page is capable of reading/speaking English!

Therefore, I propose to remove all translations of these pages! It is enough, if they are only existing in English.

 I guess you are correct.

There might be some value to get the translation stats for a specific language in that language. Take Swedish as an  example:
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/sv.sv.html might be useful, but https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/sv.de.html is completely useless.

I guess all the cross combinations of translated stat pages come for "free" as part of the translation of the web pages in general, but I agree that it is a waste of resources.

Regards, Hans (Norwegian)