Re: new global .transignore file for webwml repo

Hello
I wanted to spend some time studying a bit how all this works but it's been impossible for me so far.

In general, with my translator hat I prefer the stats dashboard give me all the info (even if the list of pending translations is sooo long) and I (or other people in the team) can ignore or prioritize (the stats dashboard prioritizes indeed, based on number of visits to each page).

Answering specifically inline to the proposal:

El 1 de octubre de 2023 20:48:26 CEST, Thomas Lange <lange@cs.uni-koeln.de> escribió:
>Hi to all, esp. the translators,
>
>nearly two weeks ago I've added a new feature to the global
>.transignore file. We can now use Perl regex for defining which files
>or directories should be ignored when creating the translation
>statistics. See git show 145afba3acc8c324b54fde8942f287d28a403ab1
>
>I like to install the new .transignore file below, so the number of pages
>to translate would go down from about 12200 to around 400-500.
>The statistics are listed here
>https://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/
>
>I've already asked on the #debian-www channel for comments but I got
>only the question if the regex are anchored. If I get no objection, I
>like to install this .transignore file next week.
>

># here you can define global Perl regex to match file that are excluded
>News/\d{4}

I would keep the current year and last year at least. Not sure how we should maintain the .transignore file, probably a quick review each January to update? (TODO: document it (new year checklist)

>News/weekly/\d{4}

Same as above

>News/press/\d{4}

Since 2005 we don't generate files under this folder, so ok for me.

># exclude all consultants except for index.html
>consultants/(?!index.wml)

I wouldn't exclude them nor users, so translators know about the new additions and translate them if interesting (e.g. the Spanish team can translate users, consultants, cdvendors etc located in countries speaking Spanish).

>users/(?!index.wml)

Same as above

>devel/constitution\.\d

Fine for me.

>devel/dmup.1.1.1.wml

Fine for me

>vote/199

Ok

>vote/20[01]

Ok

>vote/\d+/suppl_

No idea, will look at it later

>partners/(?!2023)

ok but main content is the same every year, or comes from the .po files.

>template/debian/

I guess this means the .po files, I think all of them should be translated so I wouldn't add this line to the file. If it's already there I guess it's for avoid not translsting templates that are mostly gettextized.(

>lts/security/20
>crossreferences.wml
>security/199
>security/20
>security/undated
>security/key-rollover
>security/pam-auth.wml
>international/\w+/index.wml
>international/(?!index.wml)
>sitemap.wml

All the above I prefer to have a deeper look prior to give my opinion.

About excluding current year's DSAs and DLAs, I would appreciate the opinion of the translators that usually work on them. The past years I guess it's fine to ignore them.

>MailingLists/subscribe.wml
>MailingLists/unsubscribe.wml

I agree with Cyril that the Mailing List infos should be translated.

Is there a way to override this global transignore file per language?

Kind regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona