Re: licenses for schools

Hi,

在 2023-09-04星期一的 09:59 +0300,МОУ Кизильская школа 1写道:
> Hello, can we use debian linux in an educational institution (school), do we need to purchase licenses to use debian OS. What documents regulate the use of OS in an
> educational institution on the territory of the Russian Federation.

Disclaimer: this is not a legal advice. For official legal information, please
check https://www.debian.org/legal/ carefully.

Briefly speaking, you do not need any purchasing or license to use Debian as provided
in the "main" component. Meanwhile, Debian comes with absolutely no warranty, to the
extent permitted by applicable law. For the canonical information and potential issues
in import/export restriction, please read articles under https://www.debian.org/legal/ .

Disclaimer: this is not a legal advice. For official legal information, please
check https://www.debian.org/legal/ carefully.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang