Re: The Oval public page is not accessible

On Thu, 2023-08-31 at 08:57 +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Dear Community Members
>     > I wanted to reach out and kindly let you know that I seem to be
> experiencing some difficulties accessing the webpage at the following
> I also have the same problem. I'm a Debian Developer and will contact
> some people to fix this.

Access to the files was removed as the combination of their size and
the frequency with which they were being fetched by various hosts
around the Internet was acting as an effective DoS on several
debian.org systems.

The compressed files - i.e. oval-definitions-${suite}.xml.bz2 - are now
available again, but it is unlikely that access to the .xml files will
be re-enabled.

We ask that any client application fetching the files set a User-Agent
header that helps identify the application, in order to assist
troubleshooting any future issues.

Regards,

Adam