Re: Formatting of the wml in the repo

On Thu, 2022-07-21 at 20:15 +0200, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:

> Could we have some kind of standard for the formatting for the wml
> source in the repository?

Something like Semantic Line Breaks or one sentence per line might be
useful to work towards when rewriting or replacing sections of text.

https://sembr.org/
http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/2012/one-sentence-per-line/

> It's WAY easier to notice a changed word (and exactly what word is
> changed) in a 80 character line, than in a 300 character line, and we
> could even have some kind of policy to make each link on a newline,
> which I would find nice and avoid some trouble.

A better diff tool is probably the way to go for situations where line
endings aren't the appropriate place to break comparisons.

There are a number of potential options for this, the best one is
probably docdiff or wdiff depending on your preferences and commit.

git diff --color-words
git difftool --tool=wdiff
git difftool --tool=docdiff ; xdg-open diff.html
git difftool --tool=meld

--
bye,
pabs