Re: Different Chinese

On 2022/05/12 06:10, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
Thanks. I guess Sebul's question implicitly has a request for us> to
display the Chinese variant in the web page. I've had a look and I
believe the issue comes because in /english/doc/manuals.def > we remove the second part of the name of the locale:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/doc/manuals.defs#L92
> This is fine for our current status of Portuguese translations (in the > website there is only the Brazilian variant and we display
> "Portuguese") but not fine for Chinese because we usually have more
> than one variant.

the line does stripping the region code for code2language sub
defined in /Perl/Locale/Language.pm, which cares only the language part;
the result will be just Chinese same as the current

I will try to do some local tests omiting this line and see the build
result or maybe add code to not to remove the variant part in the
case of cn locales, but I guess the manuals.def is used in several
other web pages so better to see the side effects of the change in
local tests prior to commit changes.

what you should change is repeating what is done in the line 94-95,
for zh-*

--
victory