Re: Different Chinese

Hello all

El 11 de mayo de 2022 15:10:26 CEST, DU Haoran <dududu233@outlook.com> escribió:
>Hi,
>According to the link, the first "Chinese" is zh-CN and the second one is zh-TW.

Thanks. I guess Sebul's question implicitly has a request for us to display the Chinese variant in the web page.

I've had a look and I believe the issue comes because in /english/doc/manuals.def we remove the second part of the name of the locale:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/doc/manuals.defs#L92

This is fine for our current status of Portuguese translations (in the website there is only the Brazilian variant and we display "Portuguese") but not fine for Chinese because we usually have more than one variant.

I will try to do some local tests omiting this line and see the build result or maybe add code to not to remove the variant part in the case of cn locales, but I guess the manuals.def is used in several other web pages so better to see the side effects of the change in local tests prior to commit changes. If anybody has time or better idea please go ahead.

CC'ing debian-doc for the case they know better or find the time to do tests and fix this before I can come back to this.

Kind regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona