Re: Download options

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 06:57:52PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 14. November 2021 14:24:44 MEZ schrieb "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com>:
> >On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 01:22:11PM -0300, joão pedro souza matos wrote:
> >> Please make torrent a download option again. Other download options are
> >> annoying because if tge internet go down few seconds the iso is
> >> corrupted... Torrent is the best abd most convenient way to download isos.
> >> Please make it available as soon as possible. I understand that in the USA
> >> the internet is quicker but in third world countries the internet go down
> >> often without torrent as download option it is harder to get a good iso...
> >
> >Like this, you mean - https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/bt-cd/debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso.torrent
> >
> >I suspect that the torrent feeds for larger images were removed because
> >they weren't used: lack of use means no-one needs them ...
>
> @Andy:
> So, you think that above torrent is the only existing one (for stable)?
> Could you explain, why you think so?

I was mistaken - I didn't look hard enough. It appears that there is a torrent
for the netinst CD and also for DVD1 for all appropriate architectures. Also
a torrent for the unofficial images which include firmware.

That accords well with the images the media team put out, I think. Jigdo
is still very useful on a slow/interrupted link and I use it for DVDs when
needed.

Hope this helps,

Andy Cater