Re: [website] Document how to set usertags in BTS

Hi,

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 21 Aug 2021 20:25:58 +0800):
> On Sat, 2021-08-21 at 13:01 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:

> > including multiple User pseudo-headers; each Usertags pseudo-header
> > sets the usertags for the last user set before via User pseudo-
> > header.
>
> That seems a bit cumbersome to me, and is missing "the" after "via".
>
> How about these alternative options?
>
> ... sets the usertags for the user set by the latest User pseudo-header.
> ... sets the usertags for the user set by the previous User pseudo-header.
>
> The option proposed by Wouter seems reasonable to me too.
>
> I suggest also talking to the debian-l10n-english list about this, they
> might be able to help select the most clear, simple and correct option.
>
> The code implementing the feature works like this:
>
> cmds = [("user", from_address)]
> for line in message:
>     cmds += line.split(": ", 1)
> for cmd, value in cmds:
>     if cmd is "user":
>         user = value
>     if cmd is "usertags":
>         process_usertags(user, value)

Paul's proposal looks good to me.

The following is Wouter's answer, copied in from another mail:

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:21:59 +0200):
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 01:01:30PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > -including multiple User pseudo-headers, each Usertags pseudo-header
> > -sets the usertags for the last User pseudo-header. This is especially
> > +including multiple User pseudo-headers; each Usertags pseudo-header
> > +sets the usertags for the last user set before via User pseudo-header. This is especially
> >  useful for setting usertags for a team with multiple users, setting
> >  usertags for multiple teams, or setting the
>
> Honestly, I think that is *less* clear than the original.

Maybe; not a native English speaker here :-)

> I would instead propose:
>
>   You can set usertags for multiple users at bug submission time by
>   including multiple "User" pseudo-headers. The headers are read top to
>   bottom, and every time a "User" pseudo-header is used it sets the
>   current user which is then active for any "Usertags" pseudo-headers
>   that appear before the next "User" pseudo-header in the list.

Wow, that's really detailed.

Paul's version would be my favorite, but I will let debian-l10n-english
(in CC) decide about this, as proposed by Paul.

@debian-l10n-english:
Hi all,

I would like to ask for help with some proposal:
please find my original mail here: