Re: Debian website

Hi,

On Wed, 2021-01-06 at 22:06 +0530, Shehryaar wrote:
>  Now this website doesn't look like a operating system's website. Add
> the box again where it used to say that Debian is a operating system
> and what is a operating system

I'm sorry, but I disagree. It states so very clearly in the header (our
slogan being »the universal operating system«) and on the right-hand
side of the page (»Debian is a completely Free Operating System«). I am
sure that this is sufficient.

On your second point, I think it's safe to assume our visitors (and
possible users) know what an operating system is. Running a different
operating system on a computer in general and Debian in particular
simply requires a certain level of knowledge.

This might sound elitist, but think cameras. They might take good
pictures in automatic mode, but if you want to play out the full
potential of yours, you've got to learn the basics (and suddenly you
find yourself in an amateur photography club and hold exhibitions with
your pictures 😉).

Well, this was lenghty, but I hope I could get across why the Debian
website is fine as it is.

Best regards,
Erik