Re: [debian website] Translation of Buster release page

On Sat, 2021-01-02 at 18:30 +0100, Hans Fredrik Nordhaug wrote:

> Thank you for the info. I actually was aware of the change, did some
> googling, but decided I wanted to use my old username to match all
> commits from 2017 and earlier (which I assume is locked to
> "hansfn-guest"). I don't mind being marked as a guest ;-)

You are correct about that, the commit messages have hansfn-guest as
committer for the CVS commits and cannot be changed easily.

There is a feature of git that can help here though, we can add a
mailmap file, which git log/diff etc will use to translate author
names/emails info in old commits to their new names or addresses.

Fair enough if you want to keep the -guest though.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise