Re: where all these codenames came from Page not found

On Mon, 2020-04-20 at 11:29 -0700, Kevin Thomas wrote:

> As for using  smart_change.pl to update all the translations, I'm
> getting some strange behavior where when I run this on the seven
> changed files, only some of the translation files are getting their
> translation-check commit updated correctly, so I'm not sure what to
> do about that.

Usually this means that the translation-check header is pointing at an
outdated commit so the translation is deemed to be out of date and thus
updating the translation with your changes will not bring it up to date
with earlier changes from before your commit, so the translation-check
header should not be updated. Once a translator reads through the
earlier changes and your changes they will update the translation and
also update the translation-check header.

The smart_change.pl script doesn't work very well when there are chains
of translations starting from languages other than English (especially
since we didn't decide to use file hashes in the headers, unfortunately
instead going with commit hashes), but I don't think this is the
situation for your patch.

--
bye,
pabs