Re: Calamares Installer on the website?

Hello Steve,

Am 20.12.20 um 00:26 schrieb Steve McIntyre:

>>    > Maybe. I'm surprised and maybe a little unhappy that it's in the
>>    > rotation of "community" images. I don't think it belongs there..
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> I think it's a good idea to show more than only the Debian community
>> in the slideshow because we do not have one on the right side.
>> And I guess our new users also like to see an impression of how to
>> install Debian.
>
> So maybe add a second slideshow on the right, maybe where the static
> swirl is? I think that would make much more sense.

if I remember right the idea for also using a picture of the Calamares
installer came to live for the first time while Thomas and myself did
wait for the airplane at the airport in Madrid after the sprint. And I
finally searched for a good image of The Calamares installer as it was
quite hard to find good pictures that fits best the Debian "spirit" and
usable and the start page. So the added Calamares image in the slideshow
is about to 50% an accident.

The selected pictures for the current slideshow arn't hard coded and
static for ever, they should be replaced by other pictures from time to
time.

But I'm not frilled and convinced that adding another slideshow on the
right is a good idea. Than I like more the idea Thomas has mentioned,
the download and distrib sections needs to get rewritten and merged
together anyway, if we consider the Calamares installer is good for the
Debian users then we should really add some notes and more about this
option in this to be rewritten place.

No matter where this journey will go and end, it's good if we start to
think and discuss what we want to archive.

--
Regrads
Carsten