Subject: Updating the Data Protection Team Delegation
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:54:44 -0500
From: Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org

Hi.
This updates the delegation to formally appoint Matthew Vernon to the
team.
He's been involved I think since before I took office as DPL, but the
delegation was not updated.
I did not consult the delegation advisory team on this issue.

Delegation
----------

I hereby appoint the following as members of the Debian Data Protection
team:

 - Jonathan McDowell (noodles)
 - Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen)
- Matthew Vernon (matthew)

This delegation replaces all previous delegations of the team.  The
delegation is not time- limited; it will be effective until further
changes by present or future Project Leaders.

Task Description
----------------

How we handle personal information is something the entire project needs to
be aware of. This team provides a centralised point for both external and
internal queries to ensure Debian takes appropriate care when dealing with
such information.

 - Single contact point for external queries about data the Project may
   hold.

   It is accepted that Debian is a large and complex project especially
   when viewed from the outside. Services under the debian.org
   infrastructure are often operated by different project members with no
   consistent method of reaching them. The Data Protection team therefore
   provides a single point of contact for outside parties who can then
   redirect queries to the appropriate team or teams.

 - Advice service for project members.

   Data protection is an issue all service owners need to be concerned
   with. The Debian Data Protection team will provide guidance to Project
   members about how to apply appropriate data protection principles to
   their service such as data minimisation, appropriate retention policies
   and dealing with deletion requests, etc.

Contact
-------

The team can be contacted at data-protection@debian.org.