Re: Tidy validation failed

在 2020-02-16日的 18:38 +0100,Holger Wansing写道:
> Hi,
>
> Boyuan Yang <byang@debian.org> wrote:
> > > To trigger a new build of the Chinese page, we could do another commit
> > > for
> > > the
> > > Chinese source code, and indeed I found something, that looks incorrect
> > > me
> > > in chinese/distrib/pre-installed.wml
> > > (This spurious line is not the reason for the missing-build situation
> > > from
> > > above, but we should fix it, if it's wrong, anyway.)
> >
> > Thanks, now I know that we were hit by that old bug again. I'm going to
> > trigger a rebuild manually. All those existing grammar are valid, BTW.
>
> Sorry for asking again: what's the meaning behind this
> 	並提供以下<tw資訊>:
> ?
> What is effectuated by that?

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/8cda5906936c72d66336e7442f1e124135fe7045/chinese/bin/format_zh.pl#L43

It's a historical code that attempted to achieve automatic Chinese variant
transformation. Nowadays such transformation is largely handled by opencc [1]
but some old texts are still using it.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/opencc

> Moreover, there is a closing </p> tag missing after that line, you can
> fix that as well, to trigger a rebuild.

Missing </p> tag is still valid under HTML 4.01 strict; this is the doctype
that www.debian.org is currently using. This is also valid in HTML5.

P.S. I guess we should be upgrading the default DOCTYPE to HTML5 someday.

P.P.S. I'm also a fan of XHTML-like grammar.

--
Thanks,
Boyuan Yang