Re: Dealing with spam on the mailing lists

Le mer. 25 déc. 2019 à 11:18, Ansgar <ansgar@debian.org> a écrit :
Paul Wise writes:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 5:23 AM nyov wrote:
>> I propose a global double-opt-in approach for unknown email-addresses
>> to debian's Mailing-Lists as a non-human moderation process.
>
> Debian gets a lot of folks (especially on debian-www) who send us only
> one mail/thread, so I think double opt-in is likely to be an undue
> burden on those people and could put off potential future contributors
> contacting us for the first time.

I agree. Please don't make addresses that are listed as primary contact
addresses on www.debian.org hard to reach and possible black holes (I
don't have good experience with mailing lists that are "moderated" for
non-subscribers).

In my opinion, the bad experience is provoked by the lack of feedback: the sender doesn't know when it will be processed and when/if it's published.

I wonder if majordomo (?) has a feature to request a confirmation when user sends a first message on a mailing-list (by e-mail or http link). If done, the message would be relayed to subscribers.