instruction 4.3. Preparing Files for USB Memory Stick Booting

Dear Debian Team

I found some inconsistency in your instruction for getting a bootable usb stick with Debain. Maybe I just confused something but there is also another problem.

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s03.html.en
https://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/ch04s03.html.en

in one you are telling

# cp debian.iso > /dev/sdX
# sync

in the other

# cat debian.iso > /dev/sdX
# sync

Also I want to mention that the second version doesn't really work because of permission issues. Even if one adds "sudo" at the beginning it doesn't work. I found a fix here

https://askubuntu.com/a/957852/968718

it tells that one needs to open a root shell to do this. I think this is worth mentioning in your instruction, because it can be really frustrating for beginners like me to figure these things out.

Best regards
Nathanael Skrepek