Re: Small actions and large impacts

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 11:30 PM Valessio Brito wrote:

> How difficult it would be to update the Debian logo in the
> 'KallesDesign' theme for the website and wiki for 1 week (maybe).

I think the easiest way would be to have the web server return the
diversity logo instead of the open logo when the referrer is not the
logos page. This way all uses of the logo switch to the diversity
logo, but if people are explicitly clicking on the Debian logo from
the logo page, then they get the Debian logo. The wiki uses the logo
from the website. Other Debian sites might also do this.

I noticed that the Debian diversity logo is not present on the Debian
logo pages:

https://www.debian.org/logos/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLogo

I think the first step should be to add it to the website Pics
directory and document it on the wiki so that it can be used by the
website.

A nice touch would be to use the diversity logo on the page for the
diversity statement:

https://www.debian.org/intro/diversity

Probably these changes should be accompanied some publicity.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise