Re: to participate in translation work

Hi,

在 2019-11-24日的 12:30 +0000,Yutong Cheng写道:
> Thank you, and there is actually one question.
>
> This weekend, I have registered a guest account on Debian Salsa GitLab,
> and try to translate a page.
>
> And I try to file a Merge Request as you said. And as it should be, I
> have no permission to push to the project.
>
> Due to my experience using GitLab, before filing a Merge Request, I need
> to push a new branch to the project.
>
> Did I misunderstand something? Or what should I do to file a Merge Request?

Since you are not a trusted contributor (yet), you are not allowed to directly
modify contents or push commits in the salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml
repository. To submit your contributions, please fork the webwml project first
and make new commits inside your forked project. When you are ready to submit,
please create a corresponding Merge Request in the webmaster-team/webwml
repository using GitLab's standard Merge Request function. After that, the
webmaster team members or myself will be able to review your contribution and
merge it into the main webwml repo.

If you are not familiar with the fork-and-pull-request(merge-request)
workflow, you may take a look at some tutorials first, like this one provided
by GitLab upstream:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/repository/forking_workflow.html .

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

--
Best,
Boyuan yang