RFA: www.debian.org/users

Dear all
As part of the recent web team sprint [1] (report will come in the
following days hopefully), we have reviewed several areas of the website
that were in need of maintenance.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2019/DebianWebTeam

For the /english/users section [2], we need maintainer(s) to process new
requests, and remove or update old entries.

[2] https://www.debian.org/users

This is a call for help, or request for "adoption": would anybody
volunteer to this task?

Maintaining the /users section (or part of it) can be a nice entry point
for somebody to get involved in the Debian web team.

The /users section is quite big, so you can consider focusing on a
subsection (com, edu, gov, org), or for example take care about all the
entries related to your country (across the different subsections).

Technically speaking, it's an easy job, but the "curation" task that a
human provides is very appreciated by our users. On the contrary, an
outdated or unmaintained list of Debian users looses its value very quickly.

If somebody is interested in adoption, they won't be alone (at least at
the beginning). I'm available to work together with them until they find
a suitable workflow and they feel comfortable doing the task themselves.
We have tried several different workflows in the past and have a mail
template to use when asking for updates.

If nobody steps ahead at the end of the year, we'll remove the section
(English and translations) or at least the entries older than 2-3 years
from www.debian.org.

If you are interested, reply to this message in the public mailing list
(debian-www@lists.debian.org) or privately to me, and I'll point to
detailed steps to start. You can also join #debian-www IRC channel (in
irc.debian.org).

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina