Re: Introduction - New to Debian's website development.

Hi Alexander, welcome, and thanks for your interest in helping with the
Debian website

El 20/3/19 a las 21:07, Alexander Retzlaff escribió:
> Hi there,
>
> my name is Alexander, I am 41 years old and from Rhineland-Palatinate
> (Germany). I have been using Debian and some of it flavours for nearly
> 20 years after starting my linux journey with Slackware.
>
> Because of my lack in programming skills I struggled with community
> efforts in the past. Beside that fact I would like to give something
> back and stumbled across the Debian Webmaster Homepage. After starting
> with some basic spam cleaning of the archives I have read all the
> different wiki entries about the Debian webpage(s) and the way they are
> organized. All in all I think that could be something I can do. There
> are a few easy tasks for beginners like me e.g. adding the licence for
> mentioned books (Bug #317140).

We have had a web team sprint very recently and among other things we
talked about the /doc/books section, and we have a proposal about it, so
I would ask you to wait a little bit about that bug.

I suggest to try to fix this one instead:
#898258: please document the exact red color for the debian logo

Maybe that would be a great start. I have
> already created a salsa guest account. But I am not sure about the next
> steps e.g. does the sponsored maintainer concept apply in this case?

Fork the webwml repo in your salsa account:
1.- Login in salsa.debian.org
2.- Go to https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/
3.- Press "Fork"

Then you can clone your fork in local, create a branch, solve the bug,
push your branch, and create a merge request in Salsa.
Then mail to 898258@bugs.debian.org explaining your proposal and linking
to the merge request you submitted.

The web team members will review your work and hopefully merge it and
then it will be deployed automatically in www.debian.org after some hours.

Good luck!
Don't hesitate to ask whatever you need here in the mailing list, in the
corresponding bug report, or in the IRC channel #debian-www
(irc.debian.org).

Kind regards,

--
Laura Arjona Reina