events/material and events/materialS / Re: Broken link - Debian Flyers

Hi Laura, Alban e.a.,

You mean https://www.debian.org/events/materials/ ?  Yes, sound good.

> since
> the page https://www.debian.org/events/material links indeed to the
> debian-flyers pages in Salsa, and this "materials/" are only linked in
> old News DPN (published in 2002/2003).

Ack.

> If these old materials should be kept,

Is e.g.
https://www.debian.org/events/materials/business-cards/
anywhere in a vcs?

I still use that (well, a fork of it) for my personal business cards.

I like https://www.debian.org/events/materials/tshirts/morons.tar.gz very much,
it would be cool if that could be made better discoverable.

> my proposal is that they are
> hosted in the  https://debian.pages.debian.net/debian-flyers/ site

or maybe in a new https://debian.pages.debian.net/events-materials/ or some
name like that?

> (perhaps as a tar.gz that people interested in historical versions can
> download), and we update the links present in www.debian.org accordingly.
>
> I've put a compressed file with all the current contents of
> www.debian.org/events/materials in
> https://people.debian.org/~larjona/materials.tar.gz
>
> Other option is to just remove everything and update the old links

Where are these old links published?

> to the current debian-flyers web page.

> Opinions?

Thanks for your insights :)

BTW; I'm not sure how much time I can invest in all of this, so any
improvement is fine with me!

Bye,

Joost

PS: other grand idea: stick all events marerials somewhere in some new repo @
salsa (I should ask my friend for his sources for the 'apt install anarchism'
shirt, too), one day publish it as a debian package too (install stuff in
/u/s/doc/events-materials/), so that we can use the bts for tracking
bugs/suggestions for improvements.