Re: Mistake on https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

On 04/04/18 14:28, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
Hello Jonny

El 04/04/18 a las 13:40, Jonny Grant escribió:
Hello

There is a mistake "sudo" is missing

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Thanks for caring about the Debian website.

Thank you for your reply Laura

=====
We strongly recommend that you report bugs in Debian using the reportbug
program. To install and start it, simply run:

# apt-get install reportbug
$ reportbug
==========

It's not a mistake:
The sign "#" is to show that the apt-get command has to be entered with root
privileges, and the "$" shows that the reportbug command can be entered as
normal user.
Each user can decide how to get the root privileges: using su, sudo, or whatever
they think it's best.

I think this is the difficulty debian will have "going mainstream". We're not all sysadmins. Of course I know what "#" means, but users aren't sysadmins. What I explain is just what other modern distros do, eg Ubuntu. eg
https://askubuntu.com/questions/766071/install-gnome-shell-on-ubuntu-16-04

Most beginner users have no idea what "su" or "sudo" is

Based on this, would debian follow a modern approach? We're in 2018, not 2001!

Jonathan