Re: [Delayed] Summary of the web team BoF at DC18

[-devel Cc dropped, since not as useful anymore for this]

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 03:49:01PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 04:02:15AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >  * Build using GitLab CI?  (this looks quite difficult! proposals welcome
> >  :-))
>
> No it's not :-)
>
> I'm willing to look into this.

Making some progress already:

https://salsa.debian.org/wouter/webwml/pipelines

Not yet successfully completed anything, but I'm still working on
things. The plan is that this builds something that then ends up on
pages.debian.net, so people can easily inspect what the end result would
look like by just committing something before submitting a MR.

For performance reasons, it might be a good idea if we split up the
webwml repository into the "main" one and several translated ones; They
could then be coupled by way of the submodules. That way, we only
trigger a rebuild of the whole website if something changes in the
English source, and can limit the translation repositories to only build
their translated versions rather than the whole site.

Thoughts?

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab