Re: Why translation is too old?

El 2 de junio de 2018 9:20:21 CEST, Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> escribió:
>Hi,
>
>sebul <sebuls@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello. I'm a Korean.
>>
>> When I connect
>> https://www.debian.org/
>> I see a message.
>>
>> 경고! 이 번역은 너무 오래되었으니, 원문을 보세요.
>>
>> It means
>> warning! This translation is too old, look at the original text.
>>
>> How can solve it ?
>> I think Korean translation is not old.
>
>That's a side effect caused by the cvs -> git migration.
>The translation-check header in your translation file needs to match
>the commit hash from the english file. That was not the case for many
>(or
>all?) files.

The conversion of the headers was correct, and copypage.pl and copyadvisory tools were adapted well (thanks Steve).

What we missed was the code that was checking and comparing the headers at build time. This unfortunately affected all the translations. Steve updated thst part too yesterday (thanks again!) and we are rebuilding the site since yesterday 19:24 UTC (currently building French).

>However, Steve did a big bunch of fixes already.
>So now, you need to wait for the website to be newly build, as Laura
>already wrote in another mail.
>
>I saw this outdated translation warning for german pages too, but in
>the
>code the fix is already in place, so only a new build of the pages is
>needed
>now.
>
>So, just be patient.

Yes, indeed I estimate that the build job will last at least 6-10h more.

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona