Re: Mistake on https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 14:04 +0100, Jonny Grant wrote:

> I feel this is much clearer.

The proposal is a good start, however:

I don't think the instructions for how to install a package belong on
the page about reporting bugs. Debian doesn't appear to have an
existing page about how to install packages. Since the set of graphical
 package managers and commands for gaining root will probably change
over time, it would be best to put this page on the wiki where it is
more easily modified, possibly linked from one of these pages:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPackageManagement
https://wiki.debian.org/PackageManagement

We need to gather the list of package managers that are installed by
default for each of the popular desktops. Then add the list of the most
popular alternative package managers.

Would you be interested in creating the wiki page?

Once that is done, we can remove the install instructions from the bugs
page and link to the new wiki page.

--
bye,
pabs