Re: Cannot create bootable USB stick

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Ahmed Hassan wrote:

> I'm trying to create a USB stick to boot debian  by rufus (windows app) When
> I use Rufus to create a bootable USB nothing happen and appear this message
> (this image is eigher non-bootable, or it uses a boot or compression method
> that is not supported by rufus) why?

In future, please ask for help on the Debian support channels instead:

https://www.debian.org/support

Rufus sounds like it modifies ISOs, that is never likely to work well.

Please use a tool that writes the ISO directly to the USB.

Here are some examples of such tools for WIndows:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
https://etcher.io/

If you must use Rufus, please read the FAQ and contact the author:

https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

--
bye,