Re: Questions prompted by {Re: (no) link to release notes for testing/stretch}

On 05/19/2017 08:05 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

2. Is there a document (or blog or ??) targeted at someone using
a "testing" release for the first time. My interest relates to the
move from MySQL to Mariadb - I've already been pointed to links to
the fine details of the change. I'm asking if there something with
a broad perspective on dealing with any testing release.

Our official documentation is available here:

https://www.debian.org/devel/testing

I don't believe I've seen that page before.
I think the portion titled "Can you provide a real, non-trivial example?" will prove useful.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting

Although I read that page some time ago, it has much more "relevance" when re-read with a specific problem in mind.

I wrote a blog post about using testing (some of it is out of date
now):

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2012/10/29/thoughts-on-debian-testing/

I've an old laptop dedicated to my experiments including figuring out how to "have Debian my way" [apologies to a fast food chain;]. That page gives me several ideas to make life easier.

Thank you.