Re: Let's stop using CVS for debian.org website

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 12:21:56AM +0800, Boyuan Yang wrote:
>在 2016年11月23日星期三 SGT 下午4:08:43,Steve McIntyre 写道:
>> Boyuan, do you have a copy of the imported git repo handy for somebody
>> to compare against please? Yuo said the bare repo is ~260MB - is that
>> after a "git gc" run?
>
>https://github.com/debiancn/debian.org/
>
>Just set up there days before and will automatically import from CVS
>repository every day 4:58 AM (CST). Only for testing.

Excellent, thanks.

OK, I've just captured and counted the traffic from cloning/checking
out complete copies, using wireshark.

235MB     git clone https://github.com/debiancn/debian.org.git
 79MB     cvs -d :extssh:93sam@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/webwml checkout webwml

So there *is* a download difference for initial checkout, yes. Much
harder to be sure about later changes and updates, though...

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray