Re: Let's stop using CVS for debian.org website

    Hi,

 didn't you say to leave out d-devel and keep the discussion on d-www to
not cross-post too much?  Please do it yourself, too. :)

* Boyuan Yang <073plan@gmail.com> [2016-11-22 16:46:14 CET]:
> AFAIK there are some blocking issues affecting the migration of
> buildsystem since it depends on CVS. The biggest piece is
> Perl/Local/VCS_VCS.pm. This file needs to be rewritten completely into
> something like VCS_Git.pm before we can run `make' on the top dir
> without any error message.

 It's not the biggest piece, it should be ultimately the only one.  Bas
worked on that in 2008 as you can see in the log, and the switch is
there in VCS.pm already where you can see that creating a VCS_git.pm
that contains the required function should be all that's needed.  So the
base work was done ages ago already.

 The VCS_CVS.pm file should also be quite well documented (again, thanks
a ton to Bas for doing that crude work), it just needs someone more
familiar with git to fill in the details.

 There might be some CVS specific things in some code snippets in
Makefiles or other parts, but that is the central turning point and
already prepared to build on.  From what I can tell from a quick look
the things in EXPORT_OK are the needed and used functions, other things
in there might be internal use mostly.

 No need to start from scratch or assume that there was only talk so
far. :)

 Enjoy,
Rhonda