Re: possible bug in packages.debian.org

On Fri, 2016-04-08 at 07:51 -0300, mop wrote:

> Sorry, I dont use root account for experiments.

Ok, you can use chdist to do it without root:

chdist create test
nano ~/.chdist/test/etc/apt/sources.list
chdist apt-file test update
chdist apt-file test search wireshark-gtk

You will need root to install chdist from devscripts though:

sudo apt-get install devscripts

> Do you know the protocol or documentation about api for these tools?

It simply pulls the Contents files from the Debian apt repo and lets
you search them from the command-line.

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/

> I already followed the instruction in the web site. I am not a debian
> people. If someone in this list consider relevant my first post, just
> follow debian protocol. The insertion of the link for my first post
> is simple.

Ok, I'll file a bug on your behalf then.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise