Re: Let's stop using CVS for debian.org website

Hi

El 21 de noviembre de 2016 17:11:12 CET, "W. Martin Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> escribió:
>Quoting Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>:
>> * Deploy weblate for translations,
>
>This would require http://bugs.debian.org/745661 to be fixed.
>Which would also help others who want to use the tool.

Small clarification:

I was exploring if weblate allowed to handle the wml files directly, but it doesn't (and it's ok).

So  #745661 is not a blocker for cvs to git migration.

(It would be awesome to have weblate in Debian, in any case!)

I'll go on exploring other options.

>> * Update large chunks of the site to use pofiles. Some files use it
>but
>> not for all content, and there's a number of files that don't use it
>at
>> all.
>
>I agree, that PO is the way to go.
>I had less issues with PO as with full-text translation
>e.g. for the release notes.

Despite of the migration from cvs to git, any contribution towards making the webpages use more gettext is very appreciated.

Anybody interested in helping on this (for example, explain some things) please ping me, because I'm mostly learning by try-error using the already gettextified wml files.

Cheers

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona