Re: Please trigger website full rebuild (bugs.debian.org: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control does not document "newcomer" tag)

Hi Laura,

Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> El 31/03/16 a las 23:04, Holger Wansing escribió:
> I've had a look at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/index and in that file
> the newcomer tag is present, but not in server-control

Hmm, this statement is correct for localized pages, yes. But not for
english. The english pages are all fine, newcomer tag is there everywhere.
I did not saw that yesterday.

So this boils down (again) to the (old) problem, that localized pages are
not rebuild, if only the value of a tag has changed.
See
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2015/11/msg00418.html

> I've had a look at the Makefile and I don't understand it very well, but
> it seems that index is built based on the pckgreport-opts.inc file:
>
> index.$(LANGUAGE).html: $(TEMPLDIR)/template.wml
> $(ENGLISHDIR)/Bugs/footer.inc \
>   $(ENGLISHDIR)/Bugs/pkgreport-opts.inc
>
> and server control not:
>
> server-control.$(LANGUAGE).html: $(TEMPLDIR)/template.wml otherpages.inc
> $(ENGLISHDIR)/Bugs/footer.inc
>
> Could this be the reason?

I am not sure, since that Makefile seems to work fine for English.

Maybe it is more the Makefiles in the directories of other languages, to
look into...

> I cannot trigger a complete rebuild, but I think that a complete rebuild
> is done at least once a day?

Hmm, somehow I had the view, that some sort of "complete rebuild" can only
be done manually. But maybe I'm wrong...

> > Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> I have committed the fix yesterday, but it is still not visible on the
> >> website.
> >> Could someone trigger a full rebuild of the website, please?
> >> This seems to be needed, to get the fix onto the webpages.

Greetings
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .