Rebuilding translations when needed (was: translation-check's maxdelta oddities)

Hi,

[ Initially a debian-boot vs. debian-www topic but I think
vote.debian.org might be having a similar issue. ]

Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (2015-10-31):
> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> > Could it be that images.data's being updated doesn't lead to a rebuild
> > of the relevant translations? And that those are only rebuilt when their
> > files actually get updated? That would explain why building them locally
> > led to the expected results, while the website getting updated would
> > still have the old contents?
> >
> > (I'm not sure how dependencies between files are declared/detected, and
> > I don't think I'll find time tonight to check this out, hence just
> > throwing the idea for the time being.)
>
> Hmm, looking at the swedish variant of that page, it seems that Kibi's
> assumption might be correct:
>
> The corresponding swedish wml file correctly contains the entity
> <humanversion />, but the website shows "Stretch Alpha 3".
>
> There was no commit for the swedish errata file since the release of
> Alpha 4, and it seems the swedish translation of errata was not newly
> build since then.
>
> I have no clue what to do about this though...

There's some fun going on with votes right now too.

https://www.debian.org/vote/index.fr.html has:
| En attente de sponsors
|     Résolution générale : mise à jour de la procédure standard de Résolution

(i.e. waiting for seconds)

while https://www.debian.org/vote/index.en.html has:
| Voting Open
|     General Resolution: Update Standard Resolution Procedure

The wml_p1_ipp manpage makes me think the following construct might help
get translations rebuilt even if their actual source didn't change:
|    Special `Depends' Variant
|        You can easily write fragments of Makefiles with the -M flag (see below) to keep tracks of which
|        files the output file depends on, When "ipp" is invoked as a piece of "WML", the final output file
|        may depend on other files.  You can tell "ipp" about these hidden dependencies by using the
|        "#depends" variant , e.g.
|
|          #depends 'foo.dat'
|          #depends "*/*.dat"
|          #depends <file>
|
|        The contents of the file is not inserted, only information about dependencies are updated.

Mraw,
KiBi.