Re: antiX (Debian based distro) is missing on https://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros.html

Hi,

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:
>
> > https://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros.html has not received much
> > changings in the last years, so it could probably be seen as orphaned.
>
> The plan was to eventually delete the page and create a new
> www.d.o/derivatives page similar to www.d.o/blends, with clear
> criteria for being listed, instructions for creating derivatives etc
> etc. Adrian has given a good instructions to me about this at
> DebConf15 and Laura was going to help implement them but nothing
> happened yet.
>
> > Maybe you could add info on antiX to the Debian Wiki under
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census
>
> Please do not just blindly add derivatives to the census, instead,
> invite people from the derivative to join the census themselves. If
> derivatives don't have the impetus to join the derivatives census we
> should not force them to do so.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#invite

well, I wasn't aware of such invitation concept.
In this case there should be some advise regarding that under
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census, since ATM this page gives
the possibility to simply add a derivative to the wiki:

<quote>If you would like to add a new derivative to this page, please
enter the short name of your derivative below, with no spaces. When you
click "Add a new derivative", an editor will be loaded ... </quote>

So there should be added something like
<quote>New derivatives should only be added by persons from that
derivative itself, to ensure competent support from their side.
You can invite that persons to join the census with this
<invitation link-to-invitation>.</quote>

Best regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .