Re: Not able to add my mail id in debian mail list: s12080842386681

On 12/16/2015 04:31 AM, Ravi Gajjar wrote:

Hello,

Hello Debian Team,

Due to security  reasons, I am not able to send confirmation mail , So that please add my Email id " rg@dev.walou.ag" in security mail list.

Receive mail from debian mail list is below:

The entire point of the confirmation email is to confirm that the list mail is being sent to a party that  initiated and later confirmed that they actually do want an active subscription to the listing. Some lists generate a fair amount of volume and sending unconfirmed emails to a random address w/could be considered spam.

It would be ideal for you to use the email address that you've sent this email from, which, from my understanding should have no restrictions on it as it's generally a public service.

In the future or to follow up on this request, send your email to the 1st address used:  listmaster@lists.debian.org which is sufficient, the www and bugs email addresses are for separate teams that do not manage the lists.

Best regards,

Donald Norwood