Re: Availability of digikam in debian stretch

Am 08.09.2015 um 19:07 schrieb juergen:

> I'm using digikam for many years.
>
> Currently I've encountered the issue that the digikam package is not
> available for debian stretch.
>
> I'm aware that stretch is the current testing version and that I can
> not expect to run a testing version without any restrictions :-)
>
> But I'm a bit concerned because the digikam package is currently total
> missing. Is there any decision to remove digikam from the debian
> support packages?
>
> If yes what will be the replacement?
>
> Shotwell is in terms of functionality not really a substitute for
> digikam.

There's currently a gcc transition going on so C++ packages are being
rebuild. Digikam has been temporarily removed to allow for the rebuild
and transition to new C++ libraries to happen. It should get reinstalled
soon.

You should find more information in the debian-devel mailing list -
search for "transition".
*t