Availability of digikam in debian stretch

Hi

I'm using digikam for many years.

Currently I've encountered the issue that the digikam package is not
available for debian stretch.

I'm aware that stretch is the current testing version and that I can
not expect to run a testing version without any restrictions :-)

But I'm a bit concerned because the digikam package is currently total
missing. Is there any decision to remove digikam from the debian
support packages?

If yes what will be the replacement?

Shotwell is in terms of functionality not really a substitute for
digikam.

Best Regards
Jürgen