Re: Package download

This is my sources.list. I'm using an Icelandic mirror, but I still have
security.debian.org in there.

* SNIP *

deb http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb-src http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing main

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

# testing-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main
deb-src http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main

* SNIP *

Note that eventually I received the update through apt-get, but it
didn't seem to arrive when I received the email on DSA 3329-1. I would
think the packages would always already be updated on
security.debian.org when the DSAs get sent out. Is that not the case?

Kind regards,
Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson
helgi@binary.is

On lau  8.ágú 2015 13:17, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-08-08 at 11:15 +0000, Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson wrote:
>> I've found that the packages mentioned in the emails are usually not
>> available in the apt-get repositories at the time of the security
>> bulletin. I presume this is because mirrors are not continuously
>> updated. Can't see what to do about that except find the package
>> individually and install it. And that's where I run into the problem
>> that the versions mentioned in the security bulletins are difficult to find.
>>
>> Is there a particular repository or mirror that gets updated first?
>
> Which mirror(s) are you trying to pull security updates from?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

begin:vcard
fn:Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson