Re: Forbidden You are not allowed to access this!

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM, Jérôme Pinguet wrote:

> Could you explain me in very simple terms why you have to block
> IPredator users from *reading* the Debian wiki in order to prevent wiki
> spam?

Unfortunately the MoinMoin codebase doesn't have the option to
blacklist IPs for non-read-only actions while allowing reading for
those same IPs.

If you have Python skills, it would be great if you could get MoinMoin
upstream to change the code in the MoinMoin.web.utils.check_forbidden
function so that it only applies to non-read-only actions or to allow
different sets of blacklists for reading and editing.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise