Re: Keeping your Debian system secure =>why non-free

Hi,

Le 10/09/2014 16:02, Yves-Alexis Perez a écrit :
> On mer., 2014-09-10 at 21:40 +0200, Max Mustermann wrote:

>> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
>>
> I think that's just a typo, since there's no security support for
> contrib and non-free anyway.

Never, or not anymore, or…?

Probably not “never” according to:
	   http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/contrib/m/mahara/
	or http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/

> I'm adding debian-www (contact point for all web pages) to CC: so they
> can get a look.

This section is handled by the security team (people in the team have
commit access), but if they feel the need to let someone else fix stuff
on their behalf, they’re welcome to provide explicit guidance of what is
to fix, and how.

Regards

David