Re: packages.debian.org file search not working properly

Riccardo,

On 25/09/14 05:35 AM, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
> searching this specific file with the web interface does not produce
> results.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=ecrm1000.tfm&mode=path&suite=unstable&arch=any

This is a search specifically against unstable.

> But the file is here:
>
> $ apt-file search ecrm1000.tfm
> texlive-latex-recommended:
> /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec/ecrm1000.tfm

You didn't tell us if this is against unstable or not (but I can verify
that yes, apt-file search locates this file both on a stable system and
an unstable system).

> Strange enough this query:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/file:ecrm1000.tfm
>
> which redirects here:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=ecrm1000.tfm
>

> works fine.

And this is a search against stable "wheezy", which it says in the
results ...

> Could it be related to the fact that it is an arch all package?

Or the fact you're searching against unstable? When I drop
"&suite=unstable" from the first URL you linked above, I do get results.
If I leave "&suite=unstable" but substitute anything else for
"keywords=ecrm1000.tfm" (e.g. "keywords=bash") I still get no results.

So it looks like the search for files is currently broken for
unstable/sid, although why remains a mystery to me. Did you intend to
search sid? If so, apt-file seems to work fine for that as an
alternative until this is fixed.

Thanks for your report.

Ben