Re: Summary from the debian www/wiki BoF at DC14

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:

> Here's a mockup image about the placement:
> https://i.imgur.com/Yl7YZMa.png

The wiki is documentation rather than support, so I put it in the other column.

> I also find having both "Mailing lists" and "Mailing lists archives" on the
> front page redundant. I would prefer to have both mailing list URLs together
> and use that space to show foruns.debian.net, which it's a known support
> resource (has ~500k posts of content) and/or ask.debian.net.

Agreed on the redundancy, not sure about unofficial services being on
the front page?

> The idea of pointing to the wiki is to be able to have a place for pointers
> to upstream/3rd party/debian specific documentation.
> Also a good place for FAQs and even even information on packaging.

Sounds useful but... The problem is that not every package will have a
wiki page and so we need some mechanism to figure out which ones do.
Should be easy enough to add a page list export to wiki.debian.org if
you would like to start this project. I would suggest using
/PackageHints/sourcepackagename as the naming scheme and starting by
describing the project on the /PackageHints page.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise