Re: Summary from the debian www/wiki BoF at DC14

Am 17.09.2014 00:16, schrieb Don Armstrong:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
>> I'm interested to migrate from CVS to whatever DVCS. Git is the most
>> used today so it's probably the best choice: - more help for beginner
>> - advanced user has used/uses/will use Git at some point
>
> I'm also interested in seeing -ww move away from CVS to git; I've done
> some of the initial work here, but there's still a lot more to do. [And
> I've got way too many other things on my plate right now to even think
> about it.]

Is your preliminary work available somewhere or isn't is any value yet
for other contributors?

I think what would be very useful is some plan/strategy to move forward.
A strategy that would allow the whole system to move over to the git
repo step by step. That way nobody needs to create the big scary monster
patch that fixes everything at once. And people without the huge big
picture can step in and fix the little pieces that are missing.

I am not sure, but I think the repository is not seeing that much churn,
so it would be feasible to carry new commits manually over between git
and CVS for a limited stretch of time?
*t