Re: Information from the packages pages

A Dimecres, 7 de maig de 2014, Gerfried Fuchs va escriure:
> * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> [2014-05-07 11:15:22 CEST]:
> > A Dimecres, 7 de maig de 2014, Adam D. Barratt va escriure:
> > > Are you looking for https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/$package ?
> > >

> > :-D
> >
> > yes!!!!
> >
> > but it's not easy to access. One link from:
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/jessie/package-source
> >
> > or in the "Debian Resources:" column would be sufficient.
>
>  Like, the one right at the top left below the breadcrumbs which read
> "[ Source: $srcpackagename ]"?  Would that be convenient enough for
> you?

Ok,

I have found what are you seeing !!!!

But, for example,  morse-simulator

you arrive here:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/morse-simulator.html

and then you click you have said:

http://packages.debian.org/src:morse-simulator

and appears a page with:

bla bla bla
Source Package morse-simulator

wheezy (science): 0.5.2-1
  Binary packages: morse-simulator, morse-simulator-data, morse-simulator-doc

jessie (science): 1.1.1-1
  Binary packages: morse-simulator, morse-simulator-data, morse-simulator-doc,
python3-morse-simulator

sid (science): 1.2-2
  Binary packages: morse-simulator, morse-simulator-data, morse-simulator-doc,
python3-morse-simulator

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that if I click on the jessie or sid or wheezy
(distro names) will target me to the:

https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/morse-simulator

that is the page that i wanted. I think that the link is not intuitive (at
least for me). Could be possible, for example, to change the label of the link
and add something like:

Source package in wheezy (science): 0.5.2-1

Source package in jessie (science): 1.1.1-1

Source package in sid (science): 1.2-2

I know that this kind of changes needs a lot of consensus and I would like to
hear more opinions about that, but I think that it could be more clear is
shows that are targeting to the source information and not to the debian
distro.

Rereading again the mail, and reading again the page I see that put on the top
of the list: Source Package, but it has been so opaque for me during this
time.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Leopold