CD DVD documentation

Hello,

A discussion in de Debian User list revealed that it is not obvious that one needs CD-1 or DVD-1 to boot and that all the other CDs / DVDs are just to hold extra packages.
That infiormation may be available at other places but at least not there. A little extra explanation is suggested.

Can someone update the relevant pages? There are 16 different languages of that page.

>From the thread "Re: image download with jigdo"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- < quote > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[...]
>> Apologies if I've caused any confusion here - the jigdo-created
>> images are *exactly* the same as what you'd have if you downloaded
>> the ISO directly. You've just picked some DVDs from the middle of a
>> set, that's all. Only the first DVD in a set is bootable, the rest
>> are just there to hold more packages for users to install.
>
> If your explanation was added to
>
>    http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
>
> any confusion could be avoided. How about
>
>    The jigdo-created images are exactly the same as what you'd have if
>    you downloaded the ISO directly. But note, only the first CD or DVD
>    in a set is bootable, the rest are just there to hold more packages
>    to install.

I suggest that this text is inserted at the end of the third paragraph which starts with "From one of the locations ...."

> after "Once you have downloaded the images and written them to CD .....".

Bonno Bloksma