Something to fix on the Debian "children distro" page

Hi there --

I'm not sure this is the right place to send this e-mail, and if it isn't, I'm hoping that you can forward it to whomever can fix this.

On your Software Distributions Based on Debian page here:

http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros

CrunchBang is not listed as one of your "children," and I think it should be.

I copied Philip Newborough, the lead developer of CrunchBang, on this e-mail because he might be able to give specifics on the history. Since I started using CrunchBang in mid-2011, CrunchBang has been based on Debian, after starting out a couple of years before that as an Ubuntu-based distro (Philip would have the exact date, if you need it). I don't have specifics, but I know many in the wider CrunchBang community contribute to, and participate in, Debian, and in my opinion (not to mention observing statements in the CrunchBang forums) it is a source of pride that CrunchBang is part of the Debian family.

I would be willing to help write a paragraph if necessary to fix this page to include CrunchBang. The "About CrunchBang" site is at:

http://crunchbang.org/about/

Thank you for your time and attention to this issue.

Larry Cafiero / Forum Moderator / CrunchBang Linux