Re: Can't find USB writer (was: debian live usb - What do I download?)

On Wed 27 Feb 2013 at 14:56:27 -0500, Mark Filipak wrote:

> On 2013/2/27 7:46 AM, Brian Potkin wrote:
> >
> >I think the description of what the "flavors" provide is clear - four
> >images with desktops and two without. So forget about 1, 2, 3 and 6
> >in the list above. The rescue image doesn't seem a likely candidate
> >for you to get. By elimination you want the text mode standard image.
>
> You seem to be recommending CLI over GUI. Why?

So you can install without X and then decide on a desktop later.

> >There you are; you can now get the show on the road.
>
> Oh, how I wish it was that simple, Brian. Overnight I downloaded all
> of the ISO images. Now I can't get them onto a bootable USB.
> Apparently my USB writer can make only bootable Windows thumb-drives.
> I searched for other USB writers, but they seem to have all
> disappeared or have removed their download buttons, or don't run under
> Windows.

The thread starting at

might help.

> Requirement: A Windows-executable that is able to make a bootable
> Debian live USB.  Desirable: Multiboot so that I can choose which
> desktop I want at boot-time.  My USB is 3.6 GBytes.
>
> Thanks - Mark.
>
> Oh! I see your's was a private message. Is it okay with you if I post
> this reply to the debian-live list? - M.

Not quite. Your debian-live message was forwarded to debian-www. I
replied there but forgot to Cc: you. The message you received was a
bounce of the original I sent to debian-www.