GRUB setup for multi-boot ISO from memory stick

   I've been trying to set up Testing/Wheezy's DVD ISO to boot from a memory
card/USB thumb drive, as outlined at http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-
multiple-iso-from-usb-via-grub2-using-linux/

   I have the *.iso file renamed "debian.iso" and put in the root directory of
the USB drive/memory card. GRUB is installed on the card just fine and it boots
and acts like it should.

   My problem is configuring GRUB to boot the Debian ISO file. My GRUB menu.cfg
entry is:

menuentry "Debian ISO" {
 loopback loop /debian.iso
 linux (loop)/install.386/vmlinuz boot=install.386 iso-
scan/filename=/debian.iso noeject noprompt splash --
 initrd (loop)/install.386/initrd.gz
}

   This boots the ISO file and starts the Debian installation. The installation
goes along just fine until the install program asks me where the CD-ROM is. The
computer doesn't have CD-ROM and I want the installer to read the debian.iso
file as the "first" (and only) CD-ROM. But I can't seem to "see" the *.iso file
from the booted kernel even though the kernel is booted from the debian.iso
file.

   Does anyone know how to properly configure the grub.cfg entry so that it
will both boot from the *.iso file and so I can tell the installer to use the
same *.iso file as the "CD-ROM"?

--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until
you hear them speak.