Re: Mention of Linux Mint

[Please keep debian-derivatives in CC, I'm not subscribed to debian-www]

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:41 AM, David Prévot wrote:

> Full quote of this exchange on debian-www@l.d.o, in order to let the
> debian-derivatives group take care on the request, and kindly remember
> Paul's proposal [0] (well, thanks to Paul who reminded it to me on IRC
> in the first place ;-).
>
>  0: https://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2012/01/msg00005.html

Unfortunately I didn't get around to implementing this proposal yet.
Various issues led to this, mainly lack of motivation due to DEX
appearing to be dead and apparent lack of interest in the derivatives
census by other folks. There are also more important issues to fix
with the census scripts before I get to implementing new features.

> Le 10/04/2012 15:08, Holger Wansing a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Andres Mejia <amejia004@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I believe Linux Mint [1] is worth a mention in the software
>>> distributions based on Debian page [2]. Linux Mint has become the top
>>> distro according to distrowatch.com and is derived from Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> 1. http://linuxmint.com/
>>> 2. http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros
>>
>> If you are one of the members of the Linux Mint team, you could
>> probably provide some information about your distro, that you would
>> like to see on the debian site.
>>
>> If you are only a user:
>> Hmm,
>> I have simply collected together some info from the
>> linuxmint.com website (http://www.linuxmint.com/about.php):

>> The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and
>> comfortable operating system, which is both powerful and easy to use.
>>
>> Started in 2006, Linux Mint is now the 4th most widely used home
>> operating system behind Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and
>> Canonical's Ubuntu.
>>
>> Some advantages, mostly already known from other Linux distributions:
>> it's both free of cost and open source, it's community-driven,
>> it's safe and reliable.
>> But what might be a difference compared to other distros is his
>> full multimedia support.

Only LMDE is a Debian derivative, the other Linux Mint distributions
are derived from Ubuntu or other distributions.

The derivatives census has LMDE already, so once the proposal has been
implemented they would be added.

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/LMDE

I have no objection to LMDE being added manually to the existing
www.d.o/misc/children-distros page though.

--
bye,
pabs